Property Law and Conveyancing
At VanderFox, we provide an extensive range of property and conveyancing law services including but not limited to buying & selling property, commercial & retail leasing, property development advisory and property disputes.
Buying & Selling Property
For most people, buying or selling their family home or investment property is the single most significant financial transaction they will ever experience. Because of this, the process of being fully informed of your legal rights and obligations in these matters is of great importance. Our team of property lawyers have decades of experience advising buyers and sellers on transactions involving residential, rural, commercial, and industrial property. Our conveyancing team at VanderFox can help you with:
- Purchasing and selling residential, commercial, industrial and rural property;
- Off-the-plan purchases;
- Managing development projects from site due diligence and acquisition through to off-the-plan sales;
- Transfer of property between related parties
Commercial & Retail Leasing
Regardless of what business you are in, our team of experienced property lawyers can assist you with commercial, retail and industrial leasing. It is imperative that you obtain expert legal advice regarding your lease to ensure that it meets your commercial objections, as failure to do so could potentially have a negative impact on your business at a later stage.
It is important to note that there is material difference between commercial and retail leases in NSW. A few of the key differences include:
- Retail leases are governed by the Retail Leases Act whereas commercial leases are governed by the Real Property Act and the Conveyancing Act;
- The Retail leases act imposes additional disclosure obligations on the Landlord in the firm of a Lessor’s Disclosure Statement, which must be served on the tenant at least 7 days prior entering into the lease;
- In NSW, the Retail Leases Act does not permit the Landlord to charge the tenant lease preparation or mortgage consent fees;
Our property law team at VanderFox can help you with:
- Drafting and negotiating commercial, retail and industrial leases;
- Drafting and negotiating occupancy licenses
- Managing leasing portfolios
- Advising property developers and owners on tenant-related matters
Buying & Selling a Business
Our commercial law team has experience in handling sales, purchases and mergers of businesses. The process of acquiring an existing business or disposing of an existing one can sometimes be a complex undertaking involving a number of different considerations. At VanderFox we have worked on a many business sales and purchase transactions across a number of different industries including sport, retail, manufacturing, real estate, professional services and franchising.
VanderFox have a team of expert transactional lawyers who can guide you through the process of acquiring or selling a business.
How can VanderFox assist you when buying or selling a business:
- Conducting due diligence and legal risk analysis
- Contract negotiations and drafting of terms;
- Advising of risk and compliance issues;
- Attending to and facilitating settlement.
Acknowledgement of Country
Vanderfox acknowledges the Traditional Custodians throughout in Australia and their continuing connection to the land, water and community. We pay our respects to all members of the Aboriginal communities and their cultures; and to Elders past, present and emerging.